Summer Book List
Whether you’re heading to the beach or heading out of town, this list of books will keep you entertained all summer long. Each title is filled with our favorite thing, DOGS, and will leave you panting for more!
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. The retriever-terrier mix Enzo will capture your heart as he shares the story of his life and the lessons that he has learned from his beloved human, Denny.
- The Dog Who Danced by Susan Wilson. Loyal and perceptive, Shetland Sheepdog Mack has a knack of bringing people together.
- Sophie: The Incredible True Story of the Castaway Dog by Emma Pearse. Sophie is an Australian cattle dog lost at sea who survived in the wild for five months, her story became a global sensation.
- Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery by Spencer Quinn. Doggie sidekick Chet narrates the investigations that his human private detective works to solve.
- A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron. The remarkable story of one endearing dog’s search for his purpose over the course of several lives.
I Could Chew on This: And Other Poems by Dogs by Francesco Marciuliano. With titles like “I Dropped a Ball,” “Can You Smell That?” and “I Lose My Mind When You Leave the House,” this book of poems written by dogs will have you laughing out loud.
For more books featuring dogs, check out our list 5 Classics for Dog Lovers!