A List of Our Favorite DIY Toys
The holiday season is upon us and that gets our creative juices flowing. Whether it’s baking Christmas cookies, wrapping holiday packages or making a few handmade gifts for our friends and families, this time of year always brings out our inner Martha Stewart. Fortunately, some of the easiest items to make are for some of our favorite friends – our dogs!
Here are a few homemade dog toys that will delight your dogs on Christmas morning, or all year round! The best part? Most of these can be made using things you already have laying around your house.
- Toy Braid. This classic toy is made using old t-shirts, but you can really use any fabric you have on hand – even old dishtowels!
- Tennis Ball T-Shirt Toss. Take your toy braid to the next level by adding a tennis ball!
- Water Bottle Sock. Finally something to do with those orphaned socks – this works great with a tennis ball too!
- Rope Toys. These rope toys are ready in minutes but will occupy heavy chewers for hours.
- Goofy Alien. For the crafty types, raid you’re your scrap drawer! This fun pattern uses an old wool sweater, craft felt and a squeaker – add your own touches to make it extra special.
Do you make toys for your dogs? Tell us in the comments below!