New Year’s Resolutions
Top 5 Ways to Partner with Your Dog
The New Year brings the possibility of fresh beginnings. This year as your write your resolutions, consider including your dog in your plans. Everyone knows that it’s easier to stick to a goal if you have a buddy to share it with!
- Healthy Eating. Eating better is beneficial for everyone. While you add more fruits and veggies to your own diet, share some of the extras to your dog! Some favorite canine-friendly options include apples, bananas, carrots, and sweet potatoes.
- Move More. In an era of iPads, laptops, and Netflix, we could all use more activity. Lace up those sneakers, grab Fido’s leash and hit the pavement! Enjoy the fresh air together; regular exercise is great for both of you!
- Stress Less. While meditation or yoga practices are beneficial for reducing stress, so is spending time with your pets. Talking, petting, and walking with animals are great ways to lower your stress on a regular basis.
- Travel. Desperate to get out of town? Bring your best friend! Bring Fido can help you plan your next getaway in no time!
- Volunteer. What could be better than spreading puppy love? Certified therapy dogs can be taken to library, schools, and hospitals to provide support to children and adults. To learn more about therapy training for your dog, visit The Animal Humane Society.