5 Ways to Celebrate Pets
May is National Pet Month, a time to reflect on the joy and happiness our pets bring to our lives. While pet owners know the benefit of having four-legged companions firsthand, it’s easy to take them for granted. In honor of National Pet Month, here is a list of easy ways to celebrate pets this month – and all year long.
- Adopt! Consider adopting a homeless pet or making a donation to an animal welfare organization.
- Be Responsible! Your pet relies on you for her well-being. Set aside some time to assess whether your pet is getting the proper diet, exercise, mental stimulation and veterinary care.
- Pamper Your Pooch! Treat your dog to an extra Playday or better yet, a visit to the Canine Spa!
- Volunteer! Local animal welfare organizations are always looking for volunteers. Contact one near you to see how you can help.
- Get Active! Participate in dog-friendly events! In the Twin Cities, Sidewalk Dog keeps an events calendar of dog-centric activities that will keep both you and your pup coming back for more! Or check out one of our favorite dog parks nearby.