Resolutions for You and Your Dog
You aren’t the only one who can benefit from New Year’s resolutions. They can also be a great opportunity to find fun and fresh activities to enhance your relationship with your dog! To help get you started, we’ve come up with our top five New Year’s resolutions that include dogs.
- Play a new game. There’s more to life than fetch. Games like hide-and-go-seek or nose work can bring a breath of fresh air to playtime by creating fun, new challenges that mentally stimulate your dog.
- Take a class together. Whether you have a senior dog or a brand-new puppy, taking a class together can provide new opportunities for learning while strengthening your bond at the same time. At WTPR, we have a wide variety of courses designed for all ages and skill levels, so you’re guaranteed to find the perfect challenge for you and your pup.
- Get in shape. When it comes to weight management, nothing beats getting plenty of exercise and eating right. For maximum benefits, and to make it more fun, partner with your dog! These tips will have you and your pooch looking and feeling your best in no time.
- Hit the road. Some days, a person just needs a change of scenery — and your dog can feel the same way too! Whether you spend an afternoon on a drive or weekend away, getting out and about with your dog can be a great way to have new experiences together. Before you hit the road, be sure to take these steps to ensure the car ride is safe for you and your dog.
- Brush more. If you do one thing this year for your dog, it should be brushing them more. Not only is regularly brushing their coat important, consistently brushing their teeth can protect their overall health. At times, these grooming tasks can seem like a chore. But, they’re a valuable opportunity to build a stronger connection with your dog while helping to keep them in the best of health.
Do your New Year’s resolutions include your dog? Tell us in the comments below!