15 Ways to Celebrate Your Dog in May!
We know what you’re thinking: Isn’t every day made for celebrating your dog? YES! But now you have the perfect excuse to kick it up a notch because May is National Pet Month!
Here are 15 fun ways to honor your dog and the joy they bring to your life all month long.
- Share pics of your pooch on social media
- Explore new places together
- Pamper them with tasty treats, like frozen Kongs or homemade “cookies”
- Play a new game, like fetch or hide-and-seek
- Snuggle up and watch a dog-themed movie
- Treat them to new toys, like a flirt pole – or go DIY and make your own!
- Work on strengthening your bond
- Up their mental engagement with brain games
- Teach them something new
- Practice your canine communication skills
- Let them be part of a pack
- Schedule a grooming or vet appointment
- Make sure their microchip and ID tags are up-to-date
- Prepare a pet emergency plan and first aid kit
- Support a local animal shelter or rescue organization
Of course, the most important thing you can do is show your dog you love them, and the easiest way to do that is by spending time together. Whether you squeeze in another walk in or give them an extra cuddle, take a few moments to celebrate your dog and the joy the bring you this month.